Shoe or Step

Karna asks Lord Krishna: 

  • "My mother left me the moment I was born. Is it my fault I was born an illegitimate child?
  • I did not get the education from Dhronacharya because I was considered not a Kshatriya.
  • Parshuram taught me but then gave me a curse to forget everything (much before he came to know I was Son of Kunthi Matha belong to Kshatriya) .
  • A cow was accidentally hit by my arrow & its owner cursed me for no fault of mine.
  • I was disgraced in Draupadi's Swayamvar.
  • Even Kunthi Matha finally told me the truth only to save her other sons.

Whatever I received was through Duryodhan's grace. So how am I wrong in taking his side ?

Lord Krishna replies aptly,

  • You know that I was born in a jail. Death was waiting for me even before my birth. The night I was born I was separated from my birth parents. I got only cow herd's shed. I had with multiple threads and attempts on my life, even before I could walk. On the other hand, my dear Karna, from childhood, you grew up hearing the noise of swords, chariots, horses, bow, and arrows and a luxury life. .
  • I could hear people saying I am reason for all their problems.
  • When all of you were being appreciated for your valour by your teachers I had not even received any education. I joined Gurukul of Rishi Sandipani only at the age of 16! .
  • Dear Karna, you are married to a girl of your choice finally. I didn't get the girl I loved & rather ended up marrying those who wanted me or the ones I rescued from demons.
  • I had to move my whole community from the banks of Yamuna to far off Sea shore from Jarasandha, but then I was called a coward for running away.
  • If Duryodhan wins the war you will get a lot of credit. What do I get if Dharmaraaj wins the war? I may only get the blame for the war and all related problems... 
Remember one thing, dear Karna.

  • Everybody has Challenges in life to face. LIFE IS NOT FAIR & EASY ON ANYBODY!!!
  • But what is Right (Dharma) is known to your Mind (conscience). 
  • No matter how much unfairness we got.
  • How you REACTED at times when you fall or Disgraced is important 
  • Life's unfairness does not give you license to walk the wrong path.
  • But Always remember: Life may be tough at few occasions., but the DESTINY is not created by the SHOES worn (BIRTH) but by the STEPS that were taken in the PRESENT life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Children - Khalil Gibran

Let it go by Balu

கசப்பான உண்மை